You must read and sign a copy of these rules before using our range. For your convenience you may bring a signed copy with you to speed up registration.
Must be signed and followed by all who enter the Range.
RANGE RULES & REGULATIONS FOR Forcier Firearms, LLC,
15721 Walden Ave, Hutchinson MN
THE RANGE AT FORCIER FIREARMS, LLC FACILITY IS FOR THE PURPOSE OF EDUCATION, TRAINING AND PRACTICE IN THE SAFE AND KNOWLEDGEABLE USE OF AUTHORIZED FIREARMS. SAFETY IS A PRIMARY CONCERN AND GOAL OF FORCIER FIREARMS. THESE RULES & REGULATIONS (“RULES”) ARE FOR THE SAFETY OF ALL THOSE WHO ENTER OR MAY BE ALLOWED TO ENTER THE RANGE. THE FAILURE TO ABIDE BY THESE RULES WILL RESULT IN REMOVAL FROM THE RANGE. SPECIFIC ACTS IN VIOLATION OF THESE RULES AND/OR REPEATED VIOLATION OF THESE RULES MAY RESULT IN PERMANENT LOSS OF PRIVILEGES TO ENTER THE RANGE. EACH PERSON AUTHORIZED TO ENTER THE RANGE IS PRESUMED TO HAVE READ, UNDERSTOOD AND AGREED TO FOLLOW THESE RULES. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, ASK THEM BEFORE SIGNING.
- RANGE OFFICER:
- The Range Officer on duty is always in direct charge of the Range and all participants. The Range Officer is the person who will determine the application of these Rules.
- The Range Officer will remove from the Range any person handling a firearm in an unsafe or careless manner or is in violation of these Rules. The Range Officer may void a membership or permanently ban any person from the Range when the person’s specific or repeated conduct warrants.
Firing Lane assignments may only be changed by the Range Officer.
- FIRING LINE PROCEDURE:
- Only two people, are allowed in the firing lane at any time. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Only one loaded firearm may be present at the firing line, in a firing lane, at a time. No other firearm may be handled behind the firing line. All firearms not being fired MUST be unloaded and cased.
- Hearing and eye protection must be properly in place before entering the Range. You must take position in the firing lane assigned to you. You may not change firing lanes without the express prior permission of the Range Officer.
- The MUZZLE of any firearm MUST BE POINTED DOWN RANGE AT ALL TIMES.
- Rapid firing is NOT allowed without Range Officer’s prior approval. Two-second rule is always in effect (2 seconds between rounds).
- Shooters must load and unload their own firearm. Loading and unloading must occur at the firing line. If a mechanical malfunction occurs, you must lay the firearm with the muzzle down range before consulting with the Range Officer.
- Only line of sight firing is permitted. (No drawing from the hip or holster.) Keep your finger off the trigger until on target.
- When leaving the firing line temporarily, you must lay the firearm with the muzzle down range and the action open.
- Upon completion of shooting session, the firearm must be unloaded with the action opened. Each firearm must be cased while being carried into or out of the Range.
- Cease firing means… definitive command to stop shooting immediately, set firearm on bench facing down range and step back. Failure to obey a cease firing order from the Range Officer will result in removal from the Range.
- DO NOT REMOVE JAMMED OR MALFUNCTIONING FIREARMS away from the firing lane; you must lay the firearm with the muzzle down range and contact the Range Officer immediately for removal.
- Door to Range must remain closed at all times when shooting. Call for cease fire when leaving or entering Range.
- FIREARMS & TARGETS BROUGHT INTO THE RANGE:
- All firearms brought into the Range must be completely UNLOADED and cased when brought into the Range and when carried out of the Range. All firearms and ammunition are subject to inspection by the Range Officer for cleanliness, workability and safety before entering the Range.
- Targets may be brought into the Range ONLY if approved by the Range Officer. Numerous targets are available for a reasonable price at FORCIER FIREARMS, LLC.
- If you are a conceal carry permit holder, a valid PTC permit must be presented for any loaded firearms on the premises. Do not draw, wield, display or present a loaded firearm for any purpose outside the Range. At the time the Statement of Qualification and Release is executed, any (PTC) permitted firearm must be disclosed (not displayed).
- Shooter’s shelf must always be in the down position if not using FORCIER FIREARMS, LLC training wall. Shooting with the shelf in an “up” position may be a basis for removal when the FORCIER FIREARMS, LLC training wall is not in use.
- Prior permission is needed from Range Officer to operate the simulation equipment.
- Prior permission is needed from Range Officer to use the FORCIER FIREARMS, LLC training wall.
- PERMISSABLE FIREARMS:
- The Range is designed for use only with handguns, subject to the type of firearm.
- Most handguns, except those chambered for center fire ammunition above 1600 fps, are permitted on the Range. (ONLY The following calibers are allowed on range: 22LR (standard velocity), 380ACP, 9MM, 38SPL, 357MAG, 40S&W, 45ACP). Please Check with Range Officer if your caliber isn’t listed. A minimum of 600 feet per second is allowed on range.
- Fully automatic firearms are NOT allowed at the Range.
- Black powder muzzle loading firearms are NOT permitted on range.
- Shotguns are NOT allowed at range.
- All air firearms and BB firearms are NOT allowed on the Range.
- For firearms not mentioned here, check with the Range Officer prior to use on the Range.
- PERMISSABLE AMMUNITION:
- Only ammunition approved by FORCIER FIREARMS, LLC is allowed on range (NO RELOADED AMMO)
- Any type of ammunition designed for penetrating metal is NOT permitted.
- NO STEEL or ALUMINIUM JACKETED, HOLLOW POINTS, WAD CUTTERS, STEEL SHOT OR STEEL CORE BULLETS permitted.
- Tracer, incendiary, armor piercing, gas or explosive ammunition are NOT permitted.
- RANGE OCCUPANTS:
- (All persons using the Range shall have accurately completed a Statement of Qualification and Release.) Appropriate dress is required at all times. FORCIER FIREARMS, LLC is a family-oriented facility, and we have the right to refuse service to anyone.
- Persons smelling of alcohol on their breath or who appear impaired will be required to leave the facility.
- All persons utilizing the Range are required to receive, understand and sign the Rules & Regulations.
- A responsible adult must accompany each shooter under twenty-one (21) years of age (for shooters 18-20 years old, this applies to handguns only; for shooters under 18 years old, this applies to all firearms). This adult MUST remain with the minor at all times while the minor is utilizing the Range. A coach may be any adult person qualified by FORCIER FIREARMS, LLC, including a parent or legal guardian, who has demonstrated competence.
- NO FOOD, DRINK, CHEWING TOBACCO, SNUFF OR SMOKING ALLOWED ON THE RANGE.
- Only one shooter is (or one shooter and coach are) permitted per firing lane; only one un-cased firearm is permitted in the firing lane.
- Persons not shooting or coaching are not permitted in a firing lane.
- No one is permitted forward of the firing line or beyond the firing line. (NO EXCEPTION)
- Any equipment or other personal items in/on a shooting lane left unattended are at the owner’s risk. Forcier Firearms, LLC, is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Single Shooters must have prior permission to shoot in Range without Supervision.
- BRASS RETRIEVAL:
- All range brass is to be pushed forward off of the firing line.
- DO NOT CROSS IN FRONT OF THE FIRING LINE TO RETRIEVE ANY BRASS.
- EYE PROTECTION:
- Safety glasses are MANDATORY and must be properly worn when entering the Range. FORCIER FIREARMS, LLC sells safety glasses for a nominal fee.
- The Range Officer shall determine whether any safety glasses meet the requirements of the Range.
- HEARING PROTECTION:
- Hearing protection is MANDATORY and must be properly worn when entering the Range. FORCIER FIREARMS, LLC sells hearing protection for a nominal fee.
- The Range Officer shall determine whether any hearing protection meets the requirements of the Range.
Any person seen firing at lights, baffles, carriers or any other range property or equipment will have their access suspended and will be reported to the proper authorities for appropriate action. Firing at boxes, cups, or other objects is prohibited. Only targets authorized by the Range Officer will be permitted. All shooters will be held accountable and will pay for any damage caused, including replacement and installation charges.
PLEASE ASK THE RANGE OFFICER ABOUT ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT SURE OF. WE ARE HAPPY TO HELP IN ANY WAY WE CAN.